By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
The information on the Canadian Oriental Medical Symposium web site is provided “as is”. COMS and Eastern Currents makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, COMS and Eastern Currents does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Limit of Liability. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, in no event will Eastern Currents be liable in connection with the Website, this Agreement, the Eastern Currents Content, or any Product purchased by you
- for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages , including damages for loss of profits, goodwill, opportunity, earnings, use or data, regardless of whether Eastern Currents has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or
- for any direct damages, in aggregate, exceeding the amount you have actually paid for the Product purchased by you from Eastern Currents in the preceding twelve months.
4. Health Information
Eastern Currents may make available certain information related to, without limitation, medicine and other health related matters (collectively, the “Health Information”). The Health Information is provided for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific treatment plan, product or course of action. You agree that Health Information obtained on the Website will not replace consultations with qualified professionals and that you are not relying on same. You agree that you assume all risks associated with the use of, or reliance on, any of the Health Information. You further agree that Eastern Currents shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any such Health Information.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the COMS Vancouver web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. COMS and Eastern Currents does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. COMS and Eastern Currents may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. COMS and Eastern Currents does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
COMS and Eastern Currents has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by COMS and Eastern Currents of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Proprietary Rights
All right, title and interest in and to the Website and all materials and content, including designs, editorial, text, graphics, audiovisual materials, multimedia elements, photographs, videos, music, sound recordings, reports, documents, software, information, formulae, patterns, data source code, processes, designs, technologies, URLs, domain names, marks and logos and any other work forming any part of (or made available on) the Website (collectively, “Eastern Currents Content”) is fully vested in Eastern Currents, its licensors or its suppliers and are protected by applicable copyrights, trade-mark rights, patent rights, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Nothing in your use of the Website or this Agreement grants you any right, title or interest in or to Eastern Currents Content except the limited right to use the Website and conduct business on the Website. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by us in writing, you agree not to
- copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right or interest in Eastern Currents Content;
- use any Eastern Currents trade-marks, logos or names without Eastern Currents’ prior written consent.
- distribute, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, of Eastern Currents Content, to the maximum extent that such prohibition is permitted by applicable law;
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on or in Eastern Currents Content, or
- allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing.
9. Entire Agreement
In this Agreement, (i) the captions and headings are for convenience only and do not constitute substantive matter and are not to be construed as interpreting the contents of this Agreement, (ii) the word “including”, the word “includes” and the phrase “such as”, when following a general statement or term (whether or not non-limiting language such as “without limitation” or “but not limited to” or other words of similar import are used with reference thereto), is not to be construed as limiting, and the word “or” between two or more listed matters does not imply an exclusive relationship between the matters being connected, and (iii) all references to website addresses or URLs shall also include any successor or replacement websites containing substantially similar information as the referenced website(s).
If any term or provision of this Agreement will be found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, it will not affect the other terms or provisions hereof or the whole of this Agreement, but such terms or provisions will be deemed modified to the extent necessary in the court’s opinion to render such terms or provisions enforceable, and the rights and obligations of the parties will be construed and enforced accordingly, preserving to the fullest permissible extent the intent and agreements of the parties herein set forth.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia in connection with any matter arising under this Agreement. You and Eastern Currents expressly exclude the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to this Agreement.
13. Limitation Period
Any cause of action you may have with respect to this Agreement must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arose, or it shall be barred.
14. English Language
The parties have requested and agree that this Agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soinet rédigés en anglais.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.